- Latin America and Colombia have great potential for growth in terms of international air traffic, to which is added the expectation of growth in the aircraft fleet. This affects a greater demand for aircraft maintenance and repair services.
- According to Airbus, between 2018 and 2038, Latin America will need 2,685 new passenger and cargo aircraft to meet the growing demand for transportation and replace the existing fleet (1,375 aircraft).
- In air traffic, it is estimated that in the next 20 years Latin America will grow 4.3% on average, more than regions such as North America (3%) and Europe (3.3%).
- The demand for new aircraft in Latin America is concentrated in small or single-aisle aircraft (89%), which favors the implementation of smaller maintenance operations than those required by large aircraft and where Colombia could be a player of greater importance.
- In Latin America, the market value of related activities is expected to reach USD 268 billion. Additionally, the demand for services will require an amount of 47,550 new pilots and 64,160 new technicians.
- According to Aerocivil, passenger traffic at Colombian airports was 75.5 million in 2019, 9% more than in 2018. On the other hand, between 2016 and 2019, cargo transportation by air exceeded one million tons annual. Bogotá·s El Dorado Airport moved 710 thousand tons in 2019.
- Colombia has companies with high potential to be suppliers to the international aeronautical industry, certified with the AS 9100 standard. These companies are manufacturers of vehicle parts and aeronautical service companies.
- The country also has 54 aeronautical training centers offering courses for private and commercial pilots, helicopter pilots, on-board services, aircraft technicians, engine repair, and electrical and electronic systems courses.
- Colombia is using new technologies such as drones, augmented reality and 3D printing. Avianca has begun to use drones to carry out fuselage inspections, which has allowed it to reduce operation time.
About the fair
What you need to know to get the best out of the fair
Colombia hosts this Fair for the following reasons:
Source of information:
Subscribe to our newsletter